Sunday, December 18, 2011

More scrunch dyeing

I recently scrunch dyed a piece of muslin with the intention of overdyeing with black in a swirl... something I have been doing on shirts a lot lately. However, after doing the first dyebath with the colors, I decided to stop there and use the fabric for a whole cloth wall hanging. Here is the fabric before I began to highlight with stitching:

When I hung the fabric on my design wall, it looked like a Solar Eruption to me, so that's what I named it. Stitching has begun to highlight the design, and I will probably add some other embellishments such as beading before I'm done. Just wanted to share an example of what you can get from a simple scrunch!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Did you use the 3 primary dye colors or red, orange, yellow, green, blue, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! Found you thru Fiber Arts Guild. People tell me all the time that I'm "stuck in the '60's", lol! That is just fine with me. Now following your groovy blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Danice! I have been very remiss in posting here this past year, but hopefully will get back to it in 2013. Check out my Art Blog as well... I have lots of more recent posts there about my fiber arts!

    ReplyDelete