Friday, January 15, 2010

"Bamboo" pattern

I just tried a new (for me) pattern today, and thought I would share it with you:

I dampened a women's tank top and vertically accordion folded it. Then I bound it with sinew

Next, I placed it in a plastic bin and poured dye over it
I let it sit in the dye for an hour, then poured over soda ash solution, continuing to let it sit for another hour. Then I untied and laundered in Synthrapol. Here is the result:
I plan to work on my technique some... I want less undyed area and a more distinct marking from the binding. I'll post more pictures as I go along.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Video!

I have decided to create a series of short instructional video clips for how to create various tie-dye patterns, and how to apply the dye in a couple of different ways. Good thing my hubby knows how to operate the video camera! Stay tuned... this might be hilarious!