Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Upcoming videos

I'll bet you thought I fell into a vat of dye, never to be heard from again, right? I can't believe I haven't posted anything here since August! Not for lack of desire, just no time! But I did want to let you know I plan on at least 2 more demo videos soon, first will be scrunch dyeing with a variation where I freeze the shirt before dyeing;

second is a pattern I like a lot... a combination of a diagonal stripe and medallions tied with sinew.

Anyway, my plan is to try and get these done in the next month or so, weather permitting. And I say that because my experience is the dyes do better when the temps are warm, but if needbe, I'll do them in the laundry room instead of the garage.
Then what? Well, I have a full project board with lots of things I want to do, but what seems to be floating to the top right now is batik. I have dabbled in this area over the past few years:

Mostly, I've done autumn leaves, but now I want to branch out with stamped designs, as well as some more traditional batik designs on shirts. I'm busy gathering up the tools I will need, and ruminating over what to do first, next, etc... my brain just won't shut up! So I hope to have lots more to share with you in 2011! Hope you're trying some of the demos I have already done, and if you think of patterns you want to learn, let me know. If I already know how to do them, I'll try to set up a demo. If not, I'm always on the lookout to learn new patterns myself, so we can learn together!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, Nice to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your demos with us. I just used your rope shirt on green and red for a Xmas shirt for my grandkids. They love tye dye shirts. I have been doing them for them ever since they were born. One of mine wears one every day to school. They are his favorite.

    ReplyDelete