Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Bamboo pattern

I dyed another shirt using the 'Bamboo' pattern, and I think I'm getting closer to what I want. This shirt is a lot thinner than the tank I tried originally:

I have some more 'batching' that I dyed today, and I have made some alterations to the way I wrapped the sinew. In addition, I used direct application to dye this shirt, presoaking in soda ash solution. The original attempt was done using low water immersion dyeing, and then applying the soda ash solution after. I think this is a case where direct application gives a better result, due to the tightly wrapped garment. Pre-soaking allows the solution to be absorbed better, which allows the dye to bond to the fabric more completely. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment