Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pole Wrap shibori

I have been experimenting with pole wrap shibori as a technique to use on shirts and tanks. I actually started this experimenting several years ago, but I was unsatisfied with the results. Recently, I decided to try again, and this time I decided to use a 5 gallon bucket instead of PVC pipe for wrapping the garments. The results have been very satisfying:


Both of these designs were achieved by wrapping sinew or cord around a tank that was positioned at an angle on the bucket. The different results were the result of either wrapping very evenly (the blue/green/lilac) or wrapping in a more cris-cross fashion (dusty rose). What I overcame by using the bucket was the 'overlap' or ghost image I was getting before with the smaller diameter PVC pipe as seen on the two tone blue below:
Just goes to show, never give up!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I think you've got it!!! A hippie after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete