Sunday, March 15, 2009

There's more than one way...

I don't do much tied dyeing anymore, at least not as much as I used to. And I really don't do 'shapes' much. Mostly because they don't come out as well as I would like them to! One shape that I have requests for is the Peace Symbol, which is a real bear to tie, then get the dye to go where I want it and not spatter everywhere else! Well, I got an idea... probably not new, but new for me... the other day, and decided to make a screen with the symbol so I could print it over a dyed shirt. Duh! What a great idea! So I made the screen, dyed the shirt, then used dishwasher gel with bleach to 'discharge' or remove the dye, therefore creating the image:

I think if I had it to do over, I would make the image a little larger and the lines a little thicker. But it's a start, and I can always make another screen! Far out!

1 comment: